Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Say Good-bye to Breastfeeding

I've stopped pumping on the day she turned 5 months. I don't know what to do with my time anymore. Kaitlyn stopped latching on at 3 months when she had RSV since it took too much energy for her to breastfeed and it came without work from the bottle.....can't say that I blame her one bit!
In a perfect world I wanted to breastfeed till she was at least 6 months old and then pump till I had no supply left so that I could at least have a freezer supply for her. As of right now we have 'maybe' a weeks worth left....I'm so sad about this!!
On the bright side I have to give myself a pat on the back that I exclusively pumped for as long as I did and did the best that I could.

And my little girl is now 5 months old! can you believe how quickly time is passing us by?! She is doing so great and laughing all the time, trying to sit up by herself and is doing wonderful with her solids! Her favorites right now are carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, peaches and most of all pears!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to give it up but you did an amazing job! 5 months is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about giving up every day. It is a lot of work and you did great! Enjoy your extra time with Kaitlyn. She has such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete